Weekend College Review Classes
The EDPC in collaboration with Professional Boards conducts intensive review classes for candidates who prepare to sit for professional examinations in the disciplines of accountancy, procurement and supplies and banking. The Boards include National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) which administers professional examinations in accountancy, the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) which administers professional examinations in procurement and supplies, and the Tanzania Institute of Bankers (TIOB) which administers professional examinations in banking.
Admission to Weekend College Review Classes
Prior to undertake review classes at IFM, candidates should be required to register with respective Examining Boards (NBAA, PSPTB, and TIOB). The Boards Headquarters are all located in Dar es Salaam City centre.
Mode of Application
Prescribed Application Forms are available at IFM Block A, Ground Floor, Room number G 20 Weekend College Office.
Certificate of Proficient in Insurance
This course is provided by The Institute of Finance Management in mutual understanding with the Insurance Institute of Tanzania (IIT) and Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority (TIRA).
The Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance (COP) is a practical course provided to candidates who wish to acquire professional training in various aspects of Insurance and Risk Management. The course has eleven (11) modules which give participants the general knowledge and skills of selling insurance products.
After attaining of the course candidates will be able to
- Have an understanding of Insurance and key aspects of underwriting criteria for different insurance products
- To develop skills and competence to manage insurance matters in efficient and effective manner
- Provide a steady stream of manpower resource to the insurance industry
The following candidates are eligible for Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance
- Graduates in any discipline. Students appearing for final year degree examination can also apply
- Insurance Companies, Brokers, Agents and Bank assurance practitioners with a limited knowledge of insurance practice
- Anyone with the aim of being entrepreneur (Agency) in this field of insurance field so as to meet with insurance regulations.
- No admission test is held for admission into this course.